Usually, possums aren’t aggressive, but they can become aggressive when they catch a disease. There are many ways of getting rid of possums. Given below are some measures you can take in order to keep possums out.
Cover up the base vents. Usually, possums get into a home through the dryer vents. Thus, blocking these can prevent them from slipping into your dwelling.
· it is possible to block the openings with port covers made of metal. These covers have sufficient space for smoke and steam to escape; however, possums can’t pass through them.
Trim tree branches off. Actually, possums can enter your home through the roof by making holes. So, you should consider trimming tall plants and shrub branches.
· The space between the branches along with your roof should be at least 8 to 10 feet.
· Placing climbing plants near the home is not a good idea.
Protect decks which are low. Possums like to hide under lower decks; consequently, you should protect these with a sort of metal barrier.
· You can use a 6.35 mm of grid screening
· Round the deck perimeter, you need to make a trench with a depth of 12 inches.
· You should then place the screening in that trench. Now, the barrier must extend to the base of the deck in the bottom of hole.
· Now, fill the trench with dirt in order to keep the display from jolts.
· Next, connect the screen top with the deck. It’s even better if you make use of staples.
Make a transient one-way exit to let the trapped possums escape. You should keep the door open for a couple of days prior to blocking it.
There can be many other cracks or holes in your home whereby possums can enter your house. You should block these holes and spaces as well. Examples of these include attic vents, holes in window screens, deck lattices and chimneys, just to mention a few.
If the above tricks don’t work for you, or you’re unfamiliar with possums, then you need to turn to an expert pest controller in your locality. Just bear in mind not taking action against possums can only result in plenty of loss. So, you should either try to eliminate them yourself of have Melbourne Raccoon Removal to do it for you. This call is up to you.